Donnie Johnson once thought that the only reason for electrical safety meetings was to fulfill some kind of insurance requirement or to reduce the liability of a company in case of an accident. In his mind, accidents happened to other people, not him. Then, on August 12, 2004, Johnson’s life was forever changed as the result of an arc flash. That devastating incident put Johnson in a coma for one and a half months. He suffered third-degree burns down to the muscle on both arms. He underwent multiple surgeries to graft skin from his thighs to his arms. Without the protection of his skin, he contracted numerous infections. Johnson almost died … almost.
Today, Johnson has no feeling in either his hands or arms, but he considers himself lucky. He survived. He uses his story today to help others understand the importance of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and following safety procedures.
Donnie Johnson is thankful to be able to share parts of his story in Other Reasons. The dangers of arc flashes are real. Electrical accidents don’t just happen to other people … they can happen to you.
Integrity Learning Solutions thanks Donnie Johnson for his selfless contribution to Other Reasons. We encourage everyone to watch his full story at www.donniesaccident.com. You can contact Donnie at email@example.com
Check Out The Arc Flash Video